ABOUT THE MAAT CENTER
MAAT SYMBOLIZES BOTH, MALE AND FEMALE ASPECTS OF BEING! FEMALE REPRESENTS CARING FOR, AND NOURISHING, THE FAMILY, COMMUNITY AND NATION. MALE REPRESENTS BALANCE AND HARMONY.
MAAT IS DOING THAT WHICH IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH MAINTAINING THE HARMONIOUS BALANCE IN NATURE. THAT IS TAKING CARE OF THE EARTH AND ALL THINGS THEREON. MAAT IS DOING THAT WHICH PROMOTES HEALTH, GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN ALL PEOPLE AND ALL OF NATURE. TO DO MAAT IS TO RESPECT THE SACREDNESS OF LIFE.
MAAT REEMERGES TO BRING FORTH A BALANCED VISION FOR LIFE!
“It is our spirituality that got us into this condition, and it will be our spirituality that will get us out of it. Dr. John Henry Clarke African American Historian
Dr. Maisha Amen the founder of the MAAT Center has always used traditional/natural medicine, spirituality and science when providing care for herself, family and friends. Most recently she has incorporated these modalities when providing care for others. Her daughter’s reponse when informed about this change in care for others, “Mommy you have always been a root woman.” The MAAT Center seeks to provide a “space for health and healing to unfold.”
Inspire the perception of life as a creative endeavor and “hold the space” that allows sentient beings the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and wisdom to recognize and incorporate the connectedness of spirit, mind, and body in the pursuit of health.
The MAAT Center seeks to restore balance between male and female energies in all spheres of human existence creating holistic health thus contributing to world order, justice, harmony, and peace.
MAAT IS A WAY OF LIFE
- To do MAAT is to treat the whole Earth as a sacred place.
- To do MAAT is to work to bring about harmony in everything that is in your environment.
- To do MAAT is caring about all living things.
- To do MAAT means to exist in harmony with nature, to work to produce a healthy natural environment.
- To do MAAT is to do that which is Right and Just and Good.
- To do MAAT is to share and give to others.
- To speak MAAT is to speak openly and truthfully.
- To do MAAT is to have compassion towards others and towards nature.
- To do MAAT is to do and say what is right in respect to that which promotes harmony and balance in your family, nation, and world.
- To do MAAT is to strive to achieve good character in oneself and be a model for others.
- To do MAAT is to do Good and always strive to bring good into the world.
- To do MAAT is to work to make life beter for others and by doing so you make life better for yourself.
- To do MAAT is to correct imbalance and fight against Isft (the Kemetic word for wrong doing).